Monday, March 2, 2009

Process of Grading

I think that a process like this is such a difficult one because we all place values on different areas in our school work. For me, I am an honors student, who doesn't do much homework. For most of my classes, we write a few papers a year, so that is where the emphasis is put. That is what I am used to. I think that we all come from different backgrounds and we all think differently. Some people think it would be better to have more emphasis on something that we do everyday, like homework and patricipation is our classroom discussions. For other students, they feel that the work that they do on tests and large projects should be rewarded with a higher percentage on that work. This process becomes frustrating for students because we don't understand why other students don't hold the same parts of education in the same light as someone else does. It is easy to get annoyed with someone who doesn't think the same way that we do. I think that at the beginning of this process we all thought it was going to be great and easy getting to have our own rules for grading, but it turned out to be much more difficult than anyone had originally anticipated. I participated much more in my group discussion than I did in the larger group discussion. Though I did give my thoughts, I let others take the reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment