Monday, February 2, 2009

About Me

Jessica Brennan
Wyckoff, NJ
Parents Occupation:My dad owns a Nissan DealershipMy mom is a secretary for a small business
Grade: Freshman
Resident Hall: Plassmann Hall
Major: Marketing and Management
Activities on Campus: Intramurals
Activities throughout high school: I played softball all year round. I traveled with a club team across the country in the fall and summer and played for my high school in the spring.
Parents Hobby: My dad loves to golf and my mom enjoys cooking.
Unique Quality: The only quality I have that is somewhat unique is that I am left handed

Story of Democracy:
Although it may not seem like an intense form of democracy my story involves high school elections and government. My high school was never involved in many school spirit activities, but my friend desperately wanted to change that by running for senior class president. She worked extremely hard campaigning getting peoples support. After the election she found out that she got the spot. She got the entire student body involved and got the activities they wanted to pursue. In my eyes getting people involved with the authorities that are elected is the meaning of true democracy. We can all work together to achieve an atmosphere we all enjoy living in. I will always remember that senior year of my high school career.

Good Education:
A powerful learning experience for me occurred outside of the classroom. My dad was the one who taught me this lesson. It was my sophomore year of high school and I really wanted to make the varsity softball team. My dad told me if I work really hard over the off-season that I could make the team and take a starting spot. I worked with him constantly to improve all aspects of my game. It was really hard to keep up with all the little skills I needed to succeed at the next level but it all paid off. I got a starting spot on the team and that year we won the league, county, and state championship. We were named the best team in the state of New Jersey. I will always be grateful of my dad for pushing me and teaching me that hard work can get you anywhere in life. I apply this lesson to everyday and I feel it is a great quality to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment