Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I Chose Siena

It's kind of funny that I chose Siena because for a while I had my heart set on Marist College. I was positive that I was going to end up there. The only reason why I applied to Siena is because there was no application fee and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to see if I would get in or not. It wasn't until the February of my senior year that I finally decided to come visit. I immediately fell in love with the campus and I knew right away this could be a place I could call my home for the next four years. It was also very important to me to find a school that had a good academic integrity because I worked hard in high school to earn my grades and I didn't want to end up just anywhere. Another thing that attracted me to Siena is the fact that it is big on serving the community and throughout high school I did a lot of community service. Compared to the other schools that I was looking at the tuition was around the same price range or lower. The fact that Siena gave me more financial aide than the other schools had a huge impact on my decision. All of these factors combined made me realize that Siena over Marist was the best fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment