Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I came to Siena..

Everyone seems to have a particular meaning or reason of why they came to Siena whether it be the campus or family ties. There are also plenty of reasons for not going to a school such "Harvard". For me the choice was between Manhattan College, where I would of become the second generation in my family to attend. You could say I would of easily been starting a social connection by going to Manhattan and adhanced the chances for future generations in my family to pursue an education there. The whole point of this story however, is to give the reason of why Siena became the college Ichoose to attend. After rejecting and deciding that a athletic career in college was not for me, I decided to look upon schools with a nice comfort zone that was affordable for my middle class family. You could say my family and I were rookies at the college game because I was the first child and my parents did not know much about looking for schools. Society and others affected my decision becuase I listened to counclers, coaches, and friends to point me in the right direction of school that were both socially and academically acceptable in their eyes. I was turned off by some school because of their location and safety. I was turned off by some school that recruited me beucase I was soley choosing them becuase I could of pursued a softball career. I could of ended up at Monmouth or Quinnipiac to play softball, but that was obviously not the case. I decided against Manhattan to brek away from people I had gone to high school with because that was seen as socially acceptable to go out and meet new people, I also did it so I would not become just a legacy child. So in the end Siena was the choice because it was a nice school with a good reputation amoung the people who suggested it. It was in the end my individual decision and I was happy with the way it fit my personally as well as academic lifestlye. Siena was a choice based on others, partly my social nextwork as well as how I felt and how I was to pursue my college years

No comments:

Post a Comment