Monday, February 2, 2009

About Me

Olivia Bizovi

Mohegan Lake, NY

Father- works for IBM
Mother- was a stay at home mom, now works in admissions in a
nursing home

Freshman
Ryan Hall

Undecided

I am in Pathfinders

High School- ballet and karate
Parents-PTA
Mother- in book clubs

I am a ballet dancer with a second degree black-belt

Democracy-
One quality of Democracy is freedom. The United States is a very democratic society and because of this many people are given a multitude of opportunities. My grandmother came to the United States so that she would have the opportunity to work as a doctor and raise a family. The democracy here gave her an equal chance and the freedom to pursue this, when she had the no chance to do that in India. Not only was she able to pursue that career, but she was also given the chance to vote and the opportunity to make a better life for her and her children. She had to give up a lot of time with her children when they were young, and even had to send my mother and aunt to live in India for a few years. She was unable to complete her residency in the states, and take care of two babies, so she sent them to India, where they were cared for by their grandparents. She had to give up a lot, so that her children would have more opportunities and a better life.

Education-
When I was about four years old, I thought that it would be fun to lick one of the pillars outside my house. Any other day the pillar would have been fine, expect it had just snowed, and there was a layer of ice on the pillar. Right after I licked the pole my tongue got stuck to it, and the babysitter had to pour hot water to melt the ice. I have yet to lick any other poles, and I doubt that I will anytime soon. I learned not to lick the poles, just like the character in the movie “A Christmas Story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment